Today I’m answering a listener question in an EPIC way! Elisabeth asked a great question about whether she should trademark her business and/or services. I’ve got an actual lawyer on the podcast today to answer this question. Joe Burns is here to discuss all things trademark. What is a trademark, when should you use a trademark, how do you get a trademark, what happens if you don’t get a trademark, we discuss all of those questions and more. It’s actually a pretty fun conversation!
Should You Trademark Your Business, Product, or Service?
Some of the topics we discuss in this episode:
- What is a trademark and how does it protect you?
- What can you trademark besides your business name?
- Can you trademark a system, service offering, course, or other product?
- How do you know if your name is already trademarked?
- How do you go about getting a trademark?
- Is registering a trademark complicated? Time-consuming? Is it expensive?
Links mentioned in this episode:
Trademarkia – You can do a quick search here to see if your name is registered
You can learn more about trademarks and get in touch with Joe Burns right here.
Got a question? Click here to ask your question and I’ll answer it in an upcoming episode.